Sunday, May 18, 2008

Be-Bop-A-Re-Bop Rhubarb (& Raspberry) Pie

I have two new recipes up this weekend...both were pretty good, but neither quite measured up to my expectations when I set out in the kitchen. Rhubarb plants are just starting to produce here in Fargo after what has been a chilly spring, so I picked some on Friday afternoon. Saturday I made this pie. It tastes fantastic, but didn't set up quite as firmly as I was hoping. I cooked the rhubarb and raspberries on the stove-top with arrowroot powder and sugar, and a little water. I think the water might have been just a little too much. I baked the pie for about 40 minutes, and chilled it overnight. The flavor is wonderful, but the filling is just a little runnier than I wanted - as the photo shows. The topping is a tofu-maple syrup whipped combo. I didn't knock either of these recipes (the tempura nori is the second) out of the park, but them's the breaks. We still loved the pie.

No comments: