Monday, October 5, 2009

Cherry Tomato and Olive Pizza

If this looks suspiciously similar to my previous post, it's because I had a fair amount of leftover dough when I made focaccia a few days ago. I'm calling this one a pizza, but it's the exact same dough recipe and baking time. One handy trick I learned baking these is to finish the pizza/focaccia by carefully removing it from your pizza pan, and baking it for the final 3 to 5 minutes right on the oven rack. This ensures a crispy, crunchy, deliciously golden-brown bottom crust.

I'm savoring this one, because it contains some of my last cherry and green zebra tomatoes, along with chopped kalamata olives and oregano. I have a few tomatoes left outside, but I know it's going to freeze soon...we might even get a little snow tonight, which I'm in complete denial about.

7 comments:

The Voracious Vegan said...

That picture is YUMMY! I haven't had pizza in a while, must change that!

Tami said...

green zebra tomatoes + kalamatas = perfect.

Jessica said...

WHOOOOOOOOOA. Major drool!

I have some leftover pizza dough in the fridge waiting to be used up, and this looks like the perfect solution. YUM!

Anonymous said...

Please sir, may I have some more?

H. Dooley said...

That looks tasty! So those are tomatoes you grew yourself? I'm enjoying your links list. I've recently started a blog for the same reason you mentioned - when someone asks me But What Do You Eat?! I can direct them to my blog. Thanks for the links and recipes!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have an awesome recipe for the world's first vegan fried egg I'd like to
share with your readers. I will take questions and comments at my email
address. Thanks. Rocky Shepheard, State College, Pennsylvania, USA
-----------------------------

Cut firm tofu into the shape of a fried egg. Thin at the periphery and
thick in the middle. Insert broad bladed knife horizontally through the
tofu near the bottom. Where the yolk should be, cookie-cut out a yolk hole
with a shot glass all the way down to the blade. Remove blade. Fry in
vegan margarine-both sides until golden brown. Set aside. Now make yolk.

In a microwaveable glass custard dish, mix well, 1/4 tablespoon of
veganaise, 1 tablespoon carrot juice, 1 tablespoon vegetable broth, 1
tablespoon flax seed oil and 1/2 tablespoon of arrowroot. Heat in
microwave 20 seconds. (The idea end product will be a tad runny, not too
globby). If too globby, either heat less or add less arrowroot. It has a
very nice yellow-orange
yolk color.

Add yolk into browned yolk hole and refry top for 10-20 seconds. Salt and
pepper as you like.

-------------------

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

Delicious!!