Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Spanish Fried Almonds

This is as simple as a recipe gets, but I had to share the love for these fried spiced almonds, from My Kitchen in Spain by Janet Mendel. Raw almonds are fried for a couple minutes in extra virgin olive oil, then tossed with coarse salt, cumin, and Spanish smoked paprika. I used the almonds for a roasted red pepper and almond spread over toast for lunch today, and tossed a few over this salad from the garden. They would be good in all kinds of recipes, but they've been disappearing too fast as snacks every time I walk through the kitchen.

4 comments:

Bianca said...

Dude, that sounds like the best thing ever! I love fried peanuts, and I bet these are even better, especially with the smoked paprika. Of course, I'd eat far too many in one sitting and gain five million pounds

Lisa said...

I've been meaning to try smoked paprika, I only have the regular type. The salad looks superb!

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

yep that looks dangerous! I love almonds and fried almonds sounds so good - I could probably scarf a whole batch in one sitting!

miss v said...

yum... sometimes simple recipes are so amazing!