This is an example of what vegans get to eat, folks. It's a peanut butter and chocolate pie, topped with homemade cashew-date whipped topping, and sprinkled with pecans and shaved chocolate. And I hardly even know what I'm doing. This rocks.
Triple-Nut Chocolate Dessert (waiting for a snappier name)
1 vegan graham cracker pie crust
1/2 of a 14 oz. package soft tofu
1/4 cup nondairy milk
1 cup nondairy chocolate chips
3/4 cup natural peanut butter
1. Melt the chocolate chips over very low heat, stirring often.
2. Combine with other ingredients in a blender. Blend until super-creamy.
3. Pour in the pie crust, and chill for at least a few hours.
3/4 cup raw cashews
5 pitted dates
1. Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat, add cashews and dates, and cover. Wait about ten minutes.
2. Add cashews, dates, and about a half cup of the water to your blender bowl. Blend until super-creamy - you'll have to stop and scrape down the sides a couple of times.
3. Refrigerate until serving time - it gets nice and thick in the fridge. Hint - it's great to eat right now, if you can't wait.
Serve slice of chocolate-peanut butter pie topped with a heaping spoonful of the cashew-date topping. Sprinkle with a few pecan pieces and shave some chocolate over the top - I use a microplane zester-grater thing.