Saturday, April 5, 2008

Back in ND with Otter, Maya, Obama

I'm back in Fargo. I'll have pictures from Farm Sanctuary up soon. I made it back Thursday, and drove up to Grand Forks Friday to see the next president, Barack Obama at the ND Democratic convention. I was going to stick around to see Hillary Clinton later that night, but her plane was delayed and I decided to head back to Fargo and my dogs.

Yesterday was April 4, 2008, marking 40 years since Martin Luther King Jr. was asassinated. Obama closed the speech with some thoughts on my favorite King quote, "the arc of history is long, but it bends towards justice." King was about justice everywhere, and I think it is no coincidence that Coretta Scott King was a vegetarian. Words matter. Ideas matter. I really hope Obama wins.

No comments: